VIS 2017: Paper & Poster accepted
I’m really happy that both submissions made it. The VisTiles project—once started with my master thesis—will be published as a journal paper in TVCG: VisTiles: Coordinating and Combining Co-located Mobile Devices for Visual Data Exploration.
With the poster (Improving Value Driver Trees to Enhance Business Data Analysis), we’re able to present first concepts for a specific application case of multivariate graphs. I’m really looking forward to the discussions during the poster session!
See you at the IEEE VIS 2017 in Phoenix (Oct 1-6)!
- [Oct 26, 2018] Attended the 2018 IEEE VIS Conference in Berlin, Germany
After 2016 and 2017, I again participated in the IEEE VIS conference and presented a poster.
- [Sep 24, 2018] Wrapping up my Research Visit at University of Maryland
After almost six months, it’s time to wrap up a great stay at UMD, where I worked with Niklas Elmqvist.
- [Sep 06, 2018] Successful German HCI Conference 'Mensch und Computer' 2018
The ‘Mensch und Computer’ conference, where I served as Workshop Chair, took place in Dresden this week.
- [May 24, 2018] Attended the 35th HCIL Symposium at the University of Maryland
As I’m currently staying at the HCIL, I was able to attend the HCIL Symposium at the University of Maryland.
- [Apr 26, 2018] Attended 2018 ACM CHI Conference in Montreal, QC, Canada
For the first time, I participated in the ACM CHI conference and also presented my first CHI paper.
- [Feb 25, 2018] Internship at the University of Maryland iSchool
I’m really excited about working with Niklas Elmqvist during an internship from April until September this year.
- [Feb 13, 2018] CHI 2018: Paper Accepted & Honorable Mention Award
Our David meets Goliath paper was accepted at CHI ‘18 and received an honorable mention award!
- [Oct 09, 2017] Attended 2017 IEEE VIS Conference in Phoenix, AZ, USA
For the second time, I participated in the IEEE VIS conference—this year, with two own contributions.
- [Aug 15, 2017] VIS 2017: Paper & Poster accepted
- [Jul 03, 2017] Started Working on Research Project GEMS 2.0
Since July 2017, I’m now officially working on the DFG-funded research project on multivariate graphs.
- [Mar 11, 2017] International Spring School smart@work at Technische Universität Dresden
Being smart@work: experience from the International Spring School on Human Technology Cooperation.
- [Nov 11, 2016] Attended 2016 ACM ISS conference in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
For the third year in a row, I participated at the ACM ISS conference (formerly ACM ITS).
- [Nov 03, 2016] Visited iSchool at University of Maryland, USA
I visited Niklas Elmqvist and Karthik Badam to push our collaboration forward.
- [Oct 28, 2016] Attended 2016 IEEE VIS Conference in Baltimore, MD, USA
For the first time, I attended the IEEE VIS conference this year. It was a great experience!