I’m a research associate / Ph.D. student at the Interactive Media Lab Dresden since February 2016. In my research, I focus on bringing novel interaction techniques to information visualizations. My supervisor is Prof. Raimund Dachselt. Currently, I’m working on a research project called GEMS 2.0 about Visual Editing and Comparison of Multivariate Graphs Using Multiple Interactive Displays founded by the DFG (largest independent research funding organisation in Germany). The project is a cooperation between the Interactive Media Lab Dresden at the Technische Universität Dresden and the Chair of Computer Graphics (VC²G) at the University of Rostock.
In 2013, I received my Bachelors degree in media computer science from Technische Universität Dresden, Germany. I continued my studies in Dresden and defended my Master thesis in December 2015. Two months later, I got the opportunity to start as a PhD student supervised by Raimund Dachselt.
- [Feb 25, 2018] Internship at the University of Maryland iSchool
I’m really excited working with Niklas Elmqvist during an internship from April until September this year.
- [Feb 13, 2018] CHI 2018: Paper Accepted & Honorable Mention Award
Our David meets Goliath paper was accepted at CHI ‘18 and received an honorable mention award!
- [Oct 09, 2017] Attended 2017 IEEE VIS conference in Phoenix, AZ, USA
For the second time, I participated in the IEEE VIS conference—this year, with two own contributions.
- [Aug 15, 2017] VIS 2017: Paper & Poster accepted
- [Jul 03, 2017] Started Working on Research Project GEMS 2.0
Since July 2017, I’m now officially working on the DFG-funded research project on multivariate graphs.
- [Mar 11, 2017] International Spring School smart@work at Technische Universität Dresden
Being smart@work: experience from the International Spring School on Human Technology Cooperation.
- [Nov 11, 2016] Attended 2016 ACM ISS conference in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
For the third year in a row, I participated at the ACM ISS conference (formerly ACM ITS).
- [Nov 03, 2016] Visited iSchool at University of Maryland, USA
I visited Niklas Elmqvist and Karthik Badam to push our collaboration forward.
- [Oct 28, 2016] Attended 2016 IEEE VIS conference in Baltimore, MD, USA
For the first time, I attended the IEEE VIS conference this year. It was a great experience!